Are you getting ready for Parent-Teacher conferences?
Join us in this pre-recorded workshop with Jonathan Wolff as we review the essentials of having a successful parent-teacher conference and learn how to leave parents feeling good about their child's progress, the teachers, and your Montessori program.
This workshop is suitable for teachers of all levels who are preparing for conferences or progress reports (particular focus for Montessori primary), and administrators interested in refining their parent communication skills.
Video length: 70 min
This course is vital for any teacher/administrator who is soon to be engaged in parent/teacher conferences. No training course prepares you for this important part of teaching and communication, but this course does. It helps you see from the parents' perspective as well as find the right words to help parents understand some difficult parts of their child's experience in school.
Camas Montessori School
In this workshop you will learn:
1. The most effective ways of presenting a child’s progress and challenges, and your plans for the next steps in their learning and development in a parent-teacher conference or progress report narrative.
2. The most effective ways to build trust and rapport with parents while advocating clearly and honestly for their child’s learning and developmental needs.
3. How to move away from the communication extremes of either avoiding a difficult and delicate issue, or presenting it in a manner that causes parents to become frustrated, defensive, accusatory, or non-cooperative.
4. How to strike a balance in a parent-teacher conference between giving parents an opportunity to discuss their concerns and having sufficient time to present a complete picture of their child’s progress and needs.
5. How to employ the Three Period Lesson model in presenting information to parents.
6. How to use prior knowledge of parents’ expectations, educational philosophy, and school experiences to help you determine how best to present information in progress reports and parent-teacher conferences.
I really enjoyed this webinar, especially since I'm a first time toddler head teacher. I found that even though I spoke with parents on almost a daily basis, I still wasn't getting my point across to some of them. And when I did address concerning behaviors some of my parents felt as though they were being nagged at. This webinar has given me such amazing tools to use for future conferences, conversations and just a better way to get to know my parents, as well as what I can work on personally so I don't get misunderstood. Top marks!
Jonathan has over 30 years of experience in the Montessori field, as an AMI credentialed teacher, school leader, keynote speaker, author and trainer.
The primary focus of his current consulting practice is on leadership development – designing best practices and writing books and articles that enhance individual and organizational performance.
Jonathan has an incisive ability to apply Dr. Montessori's educational constructs to training adults. His creative, interactive programs, his humorous and inspiring teaching style, and his deep insight into the needs of people and organizations are in high demand by organizations around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
EU VAT will be added for European Customers