How to Obtain Continuing Education Units

What are Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
The terminology for continuing education varies from region to region. In the United States, some agencies refer to it as Clock Hours, some call it Continuing Education Units, others call it Contact Hours, and some don’t have any specific name for it. Your licensing agency might call it CEUs but have very different requirements to obtain a CEU than another agency.

Trillium Montessori online courses can be used for professional development hours if your school, district, or employer accepts them.

How to get approval for CEUs
We don’t actually provide the CEUs. This will be done through your licensing agency or employer.

Step 1: Check with your local licensing agency

Each state and territory has their own requirements, so please check with your local school district, state professional development office, or childcare licensing agency to find out if these trainings qualify. Links to State Department Certification websites are at the bottom of this page. We have listed every state, so that you can easily check the requirements for your area. If your state is listed, it does NOT automatically mean that our trainings are approved for your state. We are just providing a link so you can find out what your state requires.

IMPORTANT: Some agencies may require that you get pre-approval before you take the course. We highly recommend consulting with your agency beforehand if you are counting on these professional development credits.

Step 2: Complete the Certificate of Attendance Request Form

A certificate request form is available inside the course. Please complete this once you have finished the course. You will need to answer a couple of brief questions about the course contents to document your attendance.

You will receive a PDF certificate via email within 48 hours. The certificate will have the following information printed on it:

  • Your full name
  • The title of the workshop
  • The name of the instructor
  • The length of the session
  • Date issued
  • Contact information for Trillium Montessori

Step 3: Submit the documents to your licensing agency for approval

Contact your local licensing agency to determine the procedure for submitting the above documents to get approval for CEUs in your area.