Setting the Tone and Culture of Your School
Please join us for this informative session with Shawn Edwards to gain a deeper understanding of how our reactions to stress can set the tone and culture of our schools.
This presentation will look at:
- Common ways that different people react under stress
- How to identify how you react to stress and what this invites from the people around you
- The needs underlying certain adult behaviors and how to respond in a supportive manner
- How to identify and minimize drama in your school
- Suggestions for using these insights to improve staff meetings
- How to empower your staff to elevate the culture of your school
This presentation is for you if:
- You are in a leadership role in a school setting
- You would like to gain some insight into your own reactions and develop strategies for responding more effectively
- You would like to gain some insight into the reactions and behaviors of your team and school constituents
Best for school leaders and administrators (all levels)
Webinar length: 50 minites
Shawn Edwards has been working in Montessori schools for 30+ years. She developed strategies and tools during her 13 years of teaching that empowered and encouraged students to thrive socially, emotionally and academically. As a Positive Discipline coach and trainer, she is passionate about supporting parents to bring harmony and joy into their homes and helping educators build positive classroom cultures.
After moving into administration, Shawn pursued a master's degree in Transformational Leadership and Coaching and loves co-voyaging with her staff and parents as they bring their best selves to their organizations they serve.
Shawn is currently the Head of School at LePort Montessori, Solana Beach, Ca. She also offers private and group coaching for schools and parents as well as seminars and workshops through her business: Toolhows.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is this course for?
This course is best suited for anyone working in a leadership position.
Is this appropriate for teachers?
The insights and recommendations in this session can be applied by anyone who works with other adults. Teachers and others are most welcome to join.
Will I receive a Certificate of Attendance?
You can get a certificate of attendance for 1 hour by request. You will need to fill out a feedback form found at the end of the course. You will receive a PDF certificate via email. We recommend confirming with your local licensing agency prior to registering if you are relying on having the certificate approved. Read more about certificates of attendance HERE.
How long will I have access to this course?
Your registration allows one year of access. During that time you may view the course contents as often as you wish, at your convenience.
I am trying to create an account but it says my email is already taken. What do I do?
This means that you already have an account with Trillium Montessori Courses because you registered for one of our other courses in the past. Use the password you created when you originally signed up, and then login to continue your purchase. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgot Password" below the login button to reset your password. Please do not create multiple accounts for yourself using different emails.